Affiliated by Board of Technical Education Lucknow & Approved by All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi
The institution was inaugurated on 24 September 1955 by the lotus blessings of the then Chief Minister Dr. First a two-year course Surveyor and Computer, which had 60 and 40 admission capacity and a new course Draughtsman Civil was also started was. After this, a budgeting committee appointed by the Government of India inspected the institution in September 1958 and in its report recommended to discontinue these courses and run three-year diploma civil, electrical, mechanical. In 1959-60, the administrative work was transferred from Power (A) Department to Industries (D) Department. The Management Committee was reconstituted on September 30, 1959. After the establishment of the Directorate of Technical Education, the Director, Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur became the Chairman of the Management Committee and the name of the institution was changed to Murlidhar Gajanand Polytechnic Hathras. In the year 1975-76, three year diploma course courses were conducted in Electronics and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Presently training is being imparted in the following eight courses in the institution.
MGP offers ragging-free campus to provide safe environment for students.
Well equipped computer laboratory with an internet facility is available.
Playgrounds and courts of different games facilities are available in the college.
The college has a library facility for all students.